Marqeta - Card Payments
Marqeta is the world’s first modern card issuing platform, whose mission is to be the global standard for modern card issuing, empowering builders to bring the most innovative products to the world. Unlike legacy solutions, Marqeta built its platform from the ground up to give developers simplicity, trust, and scale. Today, Marqeta powers some of the world’s most innovative payment solutions, including Klarna, Uber, and Square.
The Mambu-Marqeta Connector is used to process payment card authorization requests, accept payment card clearing transactions, and reversal instructions sent by Marqeta. The integration supports funding card transactions via Marqeta’s Just-in-Time (JIT) Funding™ solution. In this solution, a card is maintained with zero balance at all times. Card authorization is managed by the user via the Marqeta JIT Funding gateway. When a transaction is initiated, funds are moved from a funding account to the card account and the transaction is then settled, following a successful authorization via the JIT gateway. This set up supports use cases with multiple combinations of authorization and settlement business flows.
About the connector
The connector covers the following use cases:
- Marqeta Gateway Just-in-Time (JIT) Funding decisions → Mambu card transactions processing
- Create authorization hold (credit and debit)
- Clear authorization holds (credit and debit)
- Post financial transactions without pre-authorization
- Post PIN-debit financial transactions
- Financial transaction refunds and reversals
- Chargeback transactions and reversals
- Increase authorization hold (debit)
- Decrease authorization hold
- Reverse authorization hold
- Balance inquiry
- Commando mode
- Debit and credit authorization holds
- Authorization incremental
- Debit and credit financial transactions
- Response time monitoring for JIT actionable events
- Capture MPO and Mambu core APIs response times
- Store metrics for analysis
- Notifications for failed clearing transactions
- Support for card transaction custom information
- Support for Fast Funds Original Credit Transaction (OCT) processing
Who is this connector for?
This connector is for Mambu customers who want to offer debit cards to their customers. Using the Marqeta connector greatly speeds up the process by eliminating the need to build out your own highly performant and elastically scalable gateways or deal with complex messaging standards such as ISO 8583. The close integration between Marqeta and Mambu systems that the connector provides also allows for swift API interaction so that your customers are not left standing at the till waiting for their purchases to be authorized.
Marqeta is live across North America, Australia, and Europe and integrated with the Visa, Mastercard, and Discover networks allowing you or your customers to make the best choice of card product.