Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based, all-in-one business management solution which enables customers to upgrade from their entry-level accounting software to one single, comprehensive solution to manage finances and operations. It helps organisations streamline their processes, improve customer relations and enable growth.
Dimension Values flows
The concept of Dimensions in Business Central has been introduced to enhance the way analysis is performed on the accounting documents. Dimensions are used to categorize accounting entries (e.g. branch, client, product). In Business Central, a Dimension can contain multiple unique Dimension Values.
The MS Dynamics - Business Central - Accounting connector requires 4 Dimensions which correspond to the Mambu entity types to be manually added in Business Central:
- Dimension related to the Mambu Branches
- Dimension related to the Mambu Products (Loan and Deposit products)
- Dimension related to the Mambu Clients (Clients and Groups)
- Dimension related to the Mambu Accounts (Loan and Deposit accounts)
A new Dimension Value must be created in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for each Branch, Loan product, Deposit product, Client, Group, Loan account, Deposit account in Mambu.
As part of the Initial sync setup process, any existing branches, loan and deposit products are automatically posted to Business Central as Dimensions Values.
Each time a new client, group, loan account, or deposit account is created, a matching Dimension Value, containing the details of that specific entity, will be created in Business Central.
Depending on the entity type, there are two approaches when the Dimension Value is posted:
- At the End of Day, using the End of Day processing Mambu Webhook notification - for Branches, Loan products, Deposit products;
- In real-time, using the On Created event for Mambu Webhook notifications - for Clients, Groups, Loan accounts, Deposit accounts.
Journal Lines flow
Each day, Mambu automatically performs automatic “End of Day” actions to ensure that information is up to date and in accordance with all transactions posted so far.
An End of Day Webhook notification set up in Mambu will trigger the MS Dynamics - Business Central - Accounting connector which is responsible for:
- creating a corresponding Dimension Value in Business Central for new Mambu Entity Items (Branches, Loan and Deposit products) created since the previous run;
- processing and posting all the Journal Lines that have been logged in Mambu during the previous day to Business Central.
Journal Line terms mapping
The table below describes the mapping of terms between the Mambu Journal Line and Business Central Journal Line:
|Mambu Journal Line||Business Central Journal Line|
|GL account code||Account number|
|Booking date||Posting Date|
|Transaction ID||External Document Number|
Types of Journal Entries handled by the integration
Mambu will automatically log corresponding Journal Entries for each transaction posted in a customer account.
The Mambu transactions that automatically generate Journal Entries can be found here.
In Business Central the Journal Lines associated with this type of Journal Entry can have the following Dimension Values attached: Branch, Client, Product, and Account.
A Manual Journal Entry can be associated with a Branch, therefore the Journal Line posted in Business Central can have the Dimension Value for Branch.
These types of Journal Entries are logged during the End of Day processing. In Business Central, the Journal Lines associated with this type of Journal Entry always include the Product as a Dimension Value, and, if applicable, a Branch.